Are you interested in joining Sea Scouts? To join, you must be a Girl or Boy, at least 14yo (or 13 and finished the 8th grade) but not yet turned 21. If you are a Boy Scout, you can belong to BOTH Sea Scouts and your Troop. Or you can continue working towards Eagle in the Ship if you are already at least 1st Class.
- Complete the BSA Application online.
- Contribute financially. (The Budget is public.)
- Dues are $300/year for full members,
- $160/Auxiliary, $200 for Midshipmen.
- Get a uniform. Visit the Uniforms Page for more information about uniforms.
- Get a Sea Scout Manual. The PDF is available, but a paper copy is needed for rank advancement.
- Get involved! Go sailing, motorboating, camping – the program is nearly unlimited.
Not old enough? Look into being aMidshipman.